Monday, January 11, 2010

Faber

In the novel, "Fahrenheit 451", Guy Montag meets one girl who gives him hope, Clarisse McClellan.She was a girl who was there for him, but unfortunately was killed by a car and Montag's hope has disappeared. Faber--an old man who once was a professor filled with knowledge--gives Guy hope again. "I just want someone to hear what I have to say. And maybe if I talk long enough, it'll make sense. And I want you to teach me to understand what I read." (pg. 82) Faber is like Clarisse. He is always there for him, always listens, and always helps. Although he is a lot older than Clarisse, he still has the same personality in this ironic world, love.

2 comments:

  1. Angela, I think that is an awesome post. Now that I think about you are so right, Faber is almost like Clarrise and now is the one giving Montang hope again now that Clarisse is gone. I think that this was an excellent post and that you are a really good writer. Maybe next time you could try to use ";" that thing(haha sorry I forgot what its called-haha) for example like right after Faber is like Clarrise;--- and continue. Besides that it was a great post! Keep up the good writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this was a great response Angela.. A++++.. ;) your point is very clear and the way your portray Clarisse is written very well. The only thing I would try next time around would be to watch your present and past tense. You don't want to get them mixed up. I make that mistake often as well. Towards the beginning you just switch from present to past to present once or twice. Otherwise great response and great quote. :)

    ReplyDelete