Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Mountain


Looking up at the clear blue sky
At the clouds going by
Eagles, hawks, and birds flying around
Looking for food that slithers on the ground
The sun beating down on the sparkling lake
Flowing right in front of the mountain
I heard it laughing at me
Reminding me the times that I have failed
It keeps on shouting at me again and again
Saying I will never win
But my voice says I can
I challenge the mountain
It was just me and the mountain
Nobody else around me
One step on the mountain
And my journey begins
All day and all night
One slip and I fail
At long last, my journey is complete
I have conquered the mountain

5 comments:

  1. You make it look so easy to write such a great poem. This is really good Angela (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great poem!!! I really like how you said "I heard it laughing at me." I can't think of anything wrong with this. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has a great sound and tone to it; you may try extending the time you spend on the journey up the mountain, expressing more of the struggle between man and nature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a amazing poem! I really like how you used the idea of conquering something when others thought that you couldn't. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! This is an incredible poem! You made it very easy to read and very clear. I liked how you talked about completing a challenge. How inspirational!

    ReplyDelete